Soya chunks are odourless and tasteless food item, which are highly nutritional
How are you all???
Today’s article is surely a delight for our vegetarian readers. Yes!!! Today we are going to tell you about the benefits of including soya chunks in your diet. Soya Chunks are also famous with the name of Soya nuggets, nutri nuggets, soy chunks and soy nuggets. Soya chunks are odourless and tasteless food items, but this unique food is highly nutritional and full of rich proteins.
Worth telling that India is one of the largest producers of Soya Beans and Soya nuggets or Soya Chunks or “Bari ” is commonly known as the vegetarian meat. Soybeans have a fortune of benefits, and not only one these small balls of nutrition are filled with many benefits including their property to help in healthy weight gain, protect your heart, defend against colon cancer, improve metabolism and improve digestion. These also reduce the effects of menopause, increases blood circulation, promotes bone health and decreases the risk of diabetes.
Soya chunks are made by the process of extrusion cooking from defatted Soya flour. During the process, the protein in the flour undergoes structural changes and forms a fibre like network.
The product on soaking in water develops meat-like and chewy characteristics and therefore soya chunks are called vegetarian meat. Soya chunks come in the form of regular big chunks, mini chunks and granules, and can be used in many ways.
With surplus health benefits Soya Chunks are one of the best items to add in meals.
Benefits of Soya Chunk
1. Soya chunks are rich in protein and hence are essential for complete nutrition. A100 grams of soybean is said to contain 36 grams of protein, as per data by the United States Department of Agriculture.
Soybeans are complete proteins, which in turn is a macronutrient that the body needs in large amounts for muscle growth, cell repair, immune function and various metabolic functions. 100gm of soya chunks contains over 55gm of protein
2. Soya chunks contain high amounts of carbohydrates. This is because they are derived from soybeans, which are high in carbohydrates which in turn are a primary source of energy for the body. A 100gm soya chunk contains approximately 30gm of carbohydrates.
3. It is proven a healthy diet item for both young as well as for old people and men as well as women.
4. Soya chunks provide a good amount of vitamins, minerals and fiber for growing children.
5. Soya chunks contain essential omega-3 fatty acids that can help in reducing the risk of coronary heart disease.
6. Soya chunk helps to lower levels of cholesterol. It can provide positive results for people with high blood pressure.
7. Soya chunks have various benefits for the women. It in fact due to the presence of phytoestrogen counters the effects of excess oestrogen in women’s bodies.
8. Soya chunks have only a small amount of fat in it. A 100gm serving has about 340 Kcal.
9. Soya chunks are rich in iron. Deficiency of iron in the body can lead to a weak immune system. A 100gm serving contains approx. 10mg of Iron. An average adult needs 8mg per day (depends upon age).
10. Soya chunks contain over 300 mg of calcium per 100gm serving. Calcium helps to strengthen bones and teeth and supports in muscle contractions. The daily recommendation of calcium for an average adult is 1000 mg (depends upon age).