Bhakarwadi is an extremely popular deep fried snack which is easy to make and tasty to eat.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? Diwali is the time for snacking. Today we bring to you the recipe of Indian crisp pinwheels bhakarwadi. It is one of the popular snacks from western India and is also named bakarwadi. It is an Indian version of pinwheels that are fried and crisp. Bhakarwadi are addictive and have a sweet, spicy and tangy taste. This extremely popular deep fried snack is easy to make and tasty to eat. recipe made with plain flour and dry spices. It is typically made during the festival celebrations. It is typically served as a savoury snack during festive seasons specially during Diwali. Although it is served during get togethers or house parties, you can serve them as an evening snack with a cup of tea as well. It has a longer shelf life and can be stored and consumed for over 1 month. Get started and make crispy Bhakarwadi for your diwali snacks.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Bhakarwadi
Bhakarwadi Recipe Ingredients
• 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
• 2 tbsp gram flour (besan)
• ½ tsp turmeric (haldi)
• Pinch asafoetida (hing)
• ½ tsp salt
• Oil for dough and for frying
• Water for kneading and for greasing
• ¼ cup dry coconut
• 1 tsp cumin (jeera)
• 1 tsp coriander seeds (dhaniya)
• 1 tsp fennel (saunf)
• 2 tsp sesame (til)
• 1 tsp poppy seeds (khus khus)
• 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder (lal mirch)
• ½ tsp amchur (dry mango powder)
• 2 tsp sugar
• ½ tsp salt
Preparation before Bhakarwadi Recipe
Prepare Dough: Add 1 cup maida and 2 tbsp besan and into it add ¼ tsp turmeric, pinch hing and ½ tsp salt mix well and pour 2 tbsp hot oil mix well and make sure that the flour is moist. Check it by pressing it between fists and if it holds shape then the dough is nicely crumbled. Now add water in an adequate quantity and knead to a smooth and tight dough. Cover and rest for 20 minutes.
Prepare Masala Stuffing: Take ¼ cup dry coconut,1 tsp cumin,1 tsp coriander seeds,1 tsp fennel, 2 tsp sesame,1 tsp poppy seeds, ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, pinch hing, ½ tsp amchur, 2 tsp sugar and ½ tsp salt in a blender and blend to slightly coarse powder without adding any water.
Bhakarwadi Recipe: Step By Step
1. Grease the rolling surface and roller with oil. Take a large ball of dough and flatten it on a rolling surface like chapati but slightly thick.
2. Spread the prepared masala stuffing in between leaving the sides.
3. Next to it grease water on sides of chapati and seal the ends. Now slowly roll the dough very tightly.
4. Further, cut the roll to 2 cm long and press and flatten slightly.
5. Take a pan and heat the oil on medium heat, and deep fry the rolls till they turn golden brown and crisp on low flame.
6. Drain the bhakarwadi on a kitchen towel so that it can absorb extra oil.
7. Your bhakarwadi is ready to serve.
Bhakarwadi Recipe Tips
1. You can use wheat flour instead of all purpose flour for a healthy appetite.
2. Take extra precaution while deep frying. The temperature and flame should be optimum and oil should be sufficiently hot enough. It has to be cooked in low flame, otherwise the bhakarwadi may open.
3. You can store these in an airtight container for longer shelf life.
Nutrition Value of Bhakarwadi
Serving Size: 50g
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||153|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for 1 Bhakarwadi.
Frequently Asked Questions
No!! It is deep fried and not recommended for healthy eating. You can just have 1 or 2 small pieces, that also when you are not on diet.
Bhakarwadi is fried snack made by a dough made of maida (all purpose flour) and besan (gram flour). Inside of it is masala stuffing.
Yes!! It can be baked also.
Yes!! If you eat in large amounts it can gain your weight.
No!! it is not eaten in fast.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
FOODIE NUT SAYS EAT HEALTHY STAY FIT!!!!FOODIENUT
ALSO READ: Bechamel Sauce Recipe
TRENDING : Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe
MUST READ: Delicious Walnut Sauce Recipe
Checkout these FoodieNut Recipes
Kaccha Kela Poori Recipe | Bharwan Karela Recipe | Paneer Aloo Paratha Recipe | Broccoli Salad Recipe | Poha Recipe | Mango Shake Recipe | Rose Falooda Recipe | Curry Powder Recipe | Chole Masala Powder Recipe | Garam Masala Recipe | Imli / Tamarind Chutney Recipe | Coriander/ Cilantro Chutney Recipe | Watermelon Cooler Recipe | Sattu Drink Recipe | Sugarcane Juice Recipe | Jaljeera Recipe | Masala Chaas (Spiced Buttermilk) Recipe | Aam Panna Recipe | Nimbu Pani Recipe | Eggless Nankhatai Recipe | Potli Samosa Recipe | Gujiya Recipe | Bikaneri Samosa Recipe | Cornflakes Chivda Recipe | Singhara Uttapam Recipe | Chakli Recipe | Namak Pare Recipe | Bhakarwadi Recipe