Restaurant Style Kanpur Special Homemade Bharwan Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd) Recipe
How are you all???
So, are there some of our friends and readers who don’t like to have Karela (Bitter Gourd)??? And often fight with your mummy for making Karela in your lunch. Then you are right now at the right place with a recipe that can change your mind and will force you to love Karela. It’s not a joke, we are seriously telling you to try our Bharwan Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd) Recipe that will help you see Karela above its bitterness. The recipe is very tasty and takes about 40 minutes to make and does not spoil quickly, so you can keep it for 7 days in freeze. If you are going on a trip then, don’t forget to take Bharwan Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd) with Puri or paratha.
Scroll down for the recipe of Bharwan Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd)
Bharwan Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd) Ingredients
· 10 or 400 grams small Bitter Gourd
· 4 tablespoon Cooking Oil
· 1 pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
· ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
· ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
· 2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
· 2 teaspoons Fennel Powder (Sauf)
· 1 teaspoon Dry mango powder (Amchur)
· ½ teaspoon Red chilli powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
· Salt as per taste
Preparation before Recipe
1. Wash the bitter gourd well. Scrape off the rough surface of the bitter gourd and peel with the help of a knife. Now rub all over with 1 tbsp salt and keep aside for about 30 minutes.
2. Cut the bitter gourd from the side but its other side remains connected. Now with the help of a knife, take out the seeds and pulp from the bitter gourd in the plate, wash the sprinkled bitter gourd again with water and drain the water. Make all bitter gourds in this way.
3. Collect all the ingredients.
Bharwan Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd) Recipe : Step by Step
1. Put 1 tablespoon of oil in a small pan and heat it.
2. Add cumin seeds and allow them to roast. Add Asafoetida, turmeric powder, Fennel Powder, Coriander powder, pulp shavings, mango powder, red chilli powder and salt in this spice. Stir the spices for 6-7 minutes.
3. Smell it and the roasted masala is ready to be filled in the bitter gourd.
4. Press this masala into a bitter gourd and press them. Fill the spices in all the bitter gourds evenly.
5. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in the pan.
6. Apply spices filled with bitter gourd oil and cover it with lid and cook on medium gas flame for 6 -7 minutes, open the lid, flip the bitter gourd and cover again, cook the bitter gourd again for 5-6 minutes.
7. Roast the bitter gourds until they turn brown, the stuffed bitter gourds are ready.
8. Take out the bitter gourd in a plate or bowl.
9. Bharwan Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd) is ready to serve with Chapati or Paratha or Puri.
Bharwan Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd) Recipe Tips
· If you use mustard oil, make bitter gourds in mustard oil, bitter gourds made in mustard oil are more delicious.
· You can keep them for 7 days after the preparation.
Nutrition Value of Bharwan Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd) Recipe
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0.1 g||0.5%|
|Total Carbohydrates||16.9 g||5.6%|
|Dietary Fiber||3.1 g||12.4%|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for Bharwan Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd).
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!