Homemade chaklis are mostly spiral in shape but sometimes they are long like sticks
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time:1 hr 30 mins
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? Why not try crisp & crunchy chakli for Diwali this time. These are super tasty and we bet you can’t eat just one!! And will crave for more. Chakli is a very popular Indian savory snack which is also known by other names like Chakri in Gujarat or Murukku in South India. There are in fact many versions of making chaklis. These homemade chaklis are mostly spiral in shape but sometimes they are long like sticks. These are easy to make. All you need is time to prepare dough and chakli maker or a murukku maker. So try this easy recipe of deep-fried snack chakli and make your Diwali a snacking one.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Chakli
Chakli Recipe Ingredients
• 1 cup Rice Flour (Chawal aata)
• 1/2 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
• Water as required
• 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric (Haldi) Powder
• 1/2 Teaspoon Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
• 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
• 1 Teaspoon Red Chili (Lal Mirch) powder
• Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
• 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds (Til)
• Oil for deep frying and for adding in dough
• Salt to taste
Preparation before Recipe
Prepare Dough: Take rice flour and gram flour in a bowl. Add the carom seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, asafetida and salt mix everything well. Heat some butter or oil in a bowl and add it to the flour mixture and mix it well. Now boil water and add to the flour mixture. Add more hot water as required and knead dough. Cover and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
Chakli Recipe: Step By Step
1. Apply some oil in the chakli/murukku maker and take a portion of the dough and place inside it. Put the lid and press and move in rounds to prepare spiral shape chakli. Make small small chaklis on butter paper or plastic bags.
2. When all chaklis are prepared, then take a pan and heat oil for deep frying.
3. Lift the chakli gently from the paper and dip it into the hot oil. Be careful while doing this.
4. Don’t overcrowd the pan and fry 3 to 4 chaklis at a time.
5. Fry them till golden and put fried chaklis on the kitchen towel to absorb extra oil.
6. Once these are cooled your Chakli is ready to serve or store in an airtight box or jar.
Chakli Recipe Tips
· If you want to make spicy chakli you can add more red chili powder.
· Add 1 or 2 tbsp of water to the dough if the chakli breaks while forming.
· Add some flour if you are not getting proper shape of chakli.
Nutrition Value of Chakli
Serving Size: 25g
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||45|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for Chakli.
Frequently Asked Questions
No!! It is deep fried and not recommended for healthy eating. You can just have 1 or 2 small pieces, that also when you are not on diet.
Chakli is called Murukku in south
Chakli is fried snack made by a dough made of rice and besan (gram flour) and spices.
Yes!! It can be baked also.
Yes!! If you eat in large amount it can gain your weight.
No!! it is not eaten in fast.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!