How To Make Savory Cheesy Vegetable Crepes At Home
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes Recipe
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 20 min
Total: 50 min
How are you all???
Planning to throw a party at your home this weekend??? These Cheesy Vegetable Crepes will be a perfect match for your party plate. These are savory spicy crepes stuffed with mixed veggies that you have with you and cheese. The good thing about these Cheesy Vegetable Crepes is they are so simple and easy to make. An easy appetizer made using lots of veggies that your home pantry already has. It is healthy and makes a great lunch box or snack box recipe for your li’l ones. Here’s the recipe of Cheesy Vegetable Crepes, scroll down to get the recipe.
Preparation before Recipe
1. Gather all the ingredients.
2. Make Flour paste by taking 2 tbsp of all purpose flour in a bowl, add some water and mix to form a paste.
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes Ingredients
• 2 cup milk
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 cup plain flour (Maida)
• 2 tablespoon melted butter (Unsalted)
• 1 cup grated cottage cheese
• 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
• 1 medium onion finely chopped
• 1 sliced capsicum (Shimla Mirch)
• 1 grated carrot (Gajar)
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (Lahsun)
• 2 or 3 green chopped chillies (Mirch)
• 1 teaspoon cumin powder (Jeera)
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (Haldi)
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 2 teaspoon red chili sauce
• 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (Dhaniya)
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 5 tablespoon cooking oil
• 1/2 cup milk (or little more)
• 3/4 cup water (or little more)
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 3 tablespoon melted butter
• Pinch of salt
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes: Step by Step
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes Recipe Step#`1 Take flour, salt and water in a bowl and make the batter into a thin consistency.
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes Recipe Step#`2 For preparing veggie filling, take a pan and heat oil in it, add garlic and fry it for a few seconds. Add onions to it and saute for a min. Now add in cabbage, carrot, beans and capsicum and saute well for 5 mins.
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes Recipe Step#`3 To this add salt, sugar, soy sauce and pepper and mix well. You are completed with your filling.
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes Recipe Step#`4 Take a nonstick pan, sprinkle a few drops of oil and wipe off with a paper towel.
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes Recipe Step#`5 Pour a spoonful of batter in and swirl the pan to coat thinly. Cook for a few seconds on one side. Flip over and cook on the other side too. Keep it on the plate and set aside.
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes Recipe Step#`6 Now take a crepe, fill it with some spicy veggie filling. Apply the flour paste and all sides and fold it like a parcel.
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes Step#`7 Take little oil in a pan and heat it now, place the crepes and cook till golden on both sides.
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes Step#`8 Serve hot with your favorite green chutney or sauce.
Cheesy Vegetable Crepes Tips
1. Always prepare the stuffing first so that we have enough time to let it cool down before filling.
2. Remember after folding the crepes, keep them folded side down on a plate till you have finished folding others. By doing this the edges stick well and will not open while frying.
3. Just before serving, always shallow fry the stuffed crepes.
4. It is better to freshly make crepes, these taste good.
Nutrition Value of Cheesy Vegetable Crepes
Serving Size: 1 Cheesy Vegetable Crepe (261 grams)
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||242|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for 1 pc Cheesy Vegetable Crepe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes!! Crepes are thin and light weight much, the actual crepe is only 120 to 160 calories, depending on the size and fillings.
The main difference is that pancake batter has baking powder or baking soda, and crepe batter does not. This means that crêpes are thin and flat while pancakes are thicker and fluffy.
Traditional crepes are made up of simple ingredients such as flour, milk or water, eggs, and salt then frequently they’ll also include butter or oil.
Yes!! Crepes are rich in carbohydrates as each 10-inch crepe contains 13 g of this nutrient.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!FOODIENUT