How To Make Sugar-Coated Luscious Chenna Murki At Home
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? Chenna Murki is a sweet made in many states such as Odisha. It comes from an Indian version of cottage cheese, milk and sugar. It is a sugar-coated luscious Bengali sweet, piquant by the drizzle of rose essence. The sweet was actually originated in the coastal areas in the district of Bhadrak but nowadays available in all parts of Odisha. Made from 100% pure chenna, Chhena Murki is a sweet with high protein in it. It is also known by Bengali and Guyanese people as pera. The best thing about this is when eaten in moderation, it can be medicinal and a very good source of mono-unsaturated fatty acids such as oleic acid and antioxidants. A loved and popular sweet, is a must try. So here’s the recipe of Chenna Murki.
Chenna Murki Prep Time
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook time : 30 mins
Chenna Murki Ingredients
• 1 cup or 250 gms Paneer
• 1 cup or 250 gms Sugar
• 4 Green Cardamom
• 1 tsp Rose water
Chenna Murki Preparation before Recipe
· Take a 250 gms paneer and cut into small pieces.
· Take 4 small cardamoms. Peel and coarsely grind them.
· Make sugar syrup by adding 1 cup sugar to ½ cup water in a pan and cook for 2 minutes.
Chenna Murki Recipe: Step By Step
1. Into the sugar syrup pan put the paneer pieces and add cardamom powder to it. Keep stirring regularly and cook on low flame and until the sugar syrup reaches the setting consistency and there is even coating over the paneer.
2. Once the Sugar syrup is transparent turn off the flame. Add 1 tsp rosewater and constantly stir it. Allow it to cool.
3. Once sugar is coated well, pick out the paneer pieces.
4. Your chenna murki is ready to serve and place on a plate.
Chenna Murki Recipe Tips
To check the sugar syrup consistency, stick a little syrup on your fingers and check. If it forms a single thread on cooling then the syrup is ready.
Nutrition Value of Chenna Murki
Serving Size: 1pc (10g)
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for 1pc Chenna Murki.
One cup of Chenna has 719 calories. But they are healthy good fat calories with protein, Vitamin B2, tons of Calcium.
Chhena is fresh, unripened curd cheese
Chenna is a basically a softer paneer used in making Mithai. So Chenna is healthy but be careful.
Chenna is crumbled, slightly moist curd cheese and paneer is chenna pressed into a cake.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!