How To Make Sweet and Tasty Coconut Ladoo At Home
Coconut Ladoo Recipe
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? Coconut Ladoo (also called nariyal ladoo) can instantly bring floods in your mouth. This savory sweet is a round or ball shaped indian sweet prepared from fresh or desiccated coconut powder with milk and sugar. It can also be prepared with milkmaid, koya and even with simple sugar syrup.
This can take you to your sweet memories when your mummy used to make it for you as a quick sweet for your sugar cravings. This is also one of the Indian sweets recipes that can easily be made for any festival. So here we are with the recipe of Coconut Ladoo that will go best for any occasion or festivals.
Coconut Ladoo Prep Time and Ingredients
Prep Time : 15 min
Cook time : 35 min
Coconut Ladoo Ingredients
• 2 cups desiccated coconut
• 1½ cup milk
• ¾ cup sugar
• 2 tbsp chopped cashew
• ¼ tsp cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
Coconut Ladoo Preparation before Recipe
Make desiccated coconut. Take the white part of coconut and transfer it to a mixer grinder. Grind to fine granules. Transfer the grinded coconut to a pan dry roast the coconut in low flame without browning. Saute for about 10-15 minutes till stickiness and moisture is completely removed. Once it cools down, store in an airtight container.
Coconut Ladoo Recipe: Step By Step
1. Take 2 cups desiccated coconut and 1½ cup milk in a pan.
2. Mix it well till the coconut gets wet completely.
3. Now add ¾ cup sugar. Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
4. Keeping the flame on low, mix it continuously till sugar starts melting and mixture turns watery.
5. Keep stirring and the milk starts to evaporate after 20 minutes and mixture turns crumbly.
6. Cool the mixture for 10 minutes and now add 2 tbsp chopped cashew and ¼ tsp cardamom powder. Mix well.
7. Prepare small balls to form ladoo. Roll it with desiccated coconut.
8. Your coconut ladoo are ready to eat.
Nutrition Value of Coconut Ladoo
Serving Size: 1 piece (45g)
|Cal||Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||69|
Nutrition Summary of Coconut Ladoo
|Vitamin A 1%||Vitamin C 1%|
|Calcium 1%||Iron 3%|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for 1 Coconut Ladoo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dried fruits will work well in most recipes. Grounded almonds, crushed pistachios can be used instead of desiccated coconut.
Desiccated coconut is an ideal source of healthy fat. It has no cholesterol and contains selenium, fiber, copper and manganese.
One Coconut Laddoo gives 115 calories.
Refer our preparation before recipe section.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!