Coriander Chutney Recipe
The Coriander/ Cilantro chutney is a staple in Indian cooking. It is gluten-free, and you can make it vegan with no onion and no garlic in it. Although you can add both onion and garlic as your need and taste. This chutney pairs amazingly with veg sandwich, fritters, patties, dhokla, dabeli, aloo tikki burger.
By the way if you do not have time, then you can make this chutney instead and it goes well with South Indian snacks too. This chutney is great to go on a sandwich toppings or a dip for a variety of Indian foods like dosa or idli. Not only in our India but this Coriander/ Cilantro Chutney is also famous in western part of the world. Want to make this delicious chutney so here’s the recipe.
Coriander Chutney Recipe Ingredients
1 cup chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
2 tsp mint leaves
1 tsp groundnuts
1 green chili, chopped
1/2 inch ginger piece
1 tbsp sugar (optional)
1/3 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp water
Coriander/Cilantro Chutney Recipe: Step By Step
1. Take 1 tsp groundnuts, 1 chopped green chilli, 1/2 inch chopped ginger, sugar and salt in a blender or chutney grinder. We added only one chilli however; you can increase its amount to make it more hot and spicy.
2. Add 2 cloves of garlic along with other ingredients in step-1 for nice garlic flavor. But this is totally optional.
3. Grind them in the mixer until smooth.
4. In a blender or chutney grinder, add 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, mint leaves, 1 or 2 tsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp water and grind again until it gets smooth. It is this lemon juice that gives our chutney such a gorgeous and bright green color.
5. Add coriander leaves and mint leaves only after grinding groundnuts, green chili and ginger, otherwise chutney may not be ground well.
6. Transfer it to a serving bowl. Coriander /Cilantro chutney is ready.
7. You can also add chat masala or dry mango powder (both are optional) to add a different spicy taste.
TIP: To get perfectly smooth textured chutney, you should remove the thick stalks that come with the Coriander leaves.
Nutrition Value of Coriander/Cilantro Chutney
Serving Size 1 tbsp Amount Per Serving
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Vitamin A 2%||Vitamin C 2%|
|Calcium 2%||Iron 4%|
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!