Cornflakes chivda is a sweet and spicy snack prepared from crunchy cornflakes
Cornflakes Chivda Recipe
Prep Time: 05 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 15 min
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? How about having a bowl of cornflakes chivda with your favourite masala tea this evening??? Then what are you waiting to get started and come up with tasty cornflakes chivda. Chivda is basically a sweet and spicy snack or mixture recipe prepared from crunchy cornflakes. The best thing is it can be prepared as diwali snacks or as a munching snack for anytime fun. As compared to other traditional fried snacks it is a healthy snack from corn flakes. It can be stored in an airtight container for longer shelf life in a dry place and can be served in the form of bhel as well. Try our Cornflakes Chivda Recipe which is a great substitute for your regular namkeen.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Cornflakes Chivda
Cornflakes chivda Recipe Ingredients
• Oil for cooking
• ¼ cup peanuts (moongphali)
• 2 tbsp roasted gram dal
• ¼ cup cashews (kaju)
• 2 tbsp raisins (kishmish)
• Few curry leaves (meethi neem)
• ¼ tsp turmeric (haldi)
• 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli (lal mirch) powder
• ½ tsp chaat masala
• salt to taste
• 2 cups corn flakes
Cornflakes Chivda Recipe: Step By Step
1. Take a pan and heat some oil in it. Add a few curry leaves, ¼ cup peanuts and sauté them on low flame, till they turn crispy.
2. To it add 2 tbsp roasted gram dal and saute them also for 30 seconds.
3. Further add ¼ cup cashews and make them golden brown and further saute 2 tbsp raisins to crispy.
4. Now add ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder, ½ tsp chaat masala and salt to taste.
5. Finally add 2 cups ready to eat corn flakes and mix gently.
6 Your cornflakes chivda is ready to serve and store.
Cornflakes chivda Recipe Tips
· If you are using makai poha, then first deep fry them in oil.
· You can adjust the spiciness according to your taste.
· You can add other seasonings as well to enhance the taste.
· It can be served as bhel as well.
Nutrition Value of Cornflakes Chivda
Serving Size: 0.5 cup (30g)
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||90|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for Cornflakes Chivda.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes!!! It is low in fibre and can be a part of a healthy breakfast.
Corn flakes is a breakfast cereal made by toasting flakes of corn.
No!!! It cannot be baked.
No!! It is low in fibre and can be a part of healthy breakfast.
No!! it is not eaten in fast.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!