The homemade Butter Cookies though are egg-free but taste the same as cookies available in the market.
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? Frankly speaking, cookies don’t need any occasion Right!!!!! They just need some time and desire, isn’t it??? When we talk about Butter cookies, these are always a popular snack consumed by almost every age group. These are simple types of cookies which are made mainly with 3 ingredients butter, maida (all purpose flour) and sugar, and can be easily baked in an oven or in a pressure cooker. The result is crisp and moist cookies that are far better than those you find in the blue tins available in the market. So, this diwali if you are in the mood for munching something sweet, butter cookies could be a delicious option.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Butter cookies
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- ½ cup (75 grams) Powdered Sugar
- 1½ cup (250 grams) Maida (all-purpose flour)
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- A pinch salt
- Cookie Cutter
Preparation before Recipe
- Arrange all the ingredients.
- Prepare Dough: take 225 grams of softened butter in a large bowl. Whisk it smooth and add ½ cup powdered sugar, continue to beat until you get a smooth and whitish mixture.
- Add 1½ cup maida, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder, ½ teaspoon baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix well without kneading too much. The dough is ready.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius
Butter Cookies Recipe: Step By Step
- Pinch a small ball from the dough and with a rolling pin, roll the dough.
- With cookie cutters, cut the dough. Repeat the process for the whole dough.
- Place the cookies in a baking tray with an inch gap between them.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 25 minutes till the cookies turn light golden or golden in color.
- Allow the cookies to cool.
- Finally, your cookies are ready to serve and in an airtight container.
- Butter should be at room temperature so that it will be easy to beat.
- Avoid much kneading, as it results in a hard cookie.
- You can add a few chopped dry fruits also.
- You can give any shape of your choice.
Nutrition Value of Butter Cookies
Butter Cookie Serving Size: 30 grams
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 51
|Total Fat 5.6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.3g||16%|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 35 mg||12%|
|Total Carbohydrates 21g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|
*Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for Butter Cookies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Butter Cookies is made with butter, maida (all purpose flour) and sugar.
Yes!! But the taste may be different.
No!!! White flour, sugar and butter are a source of calories.
30 grams of Butter cookies gives 140 calories.
Yes!! If consumed in large quantities it can become a reason for your increased weight.
No!! it is not eaten in fast.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!