Charkhi Puri is a popular Indian snack which is enjoyed with tea and gossips
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? Diwali is the time for get togethers, small-small parties, cooking and snacking. Today we are here with an easy and super tasty food item recipe that will crave you for making it instantly. Yes we are talking about Charkhi Puri or kadak besan puri. As the name says it is spicy and obviously made of chickpea flour (besan). This is a deep fried snack, which can be enjoyed with tea and gossips. It is a popular Indian snack which is made in most households. Although it doesn’t have a long shelf life, since it can be easily made instantly so you can make it any time whenever you like to have. Again if we talk about Diwali snacks then charkha puri comes out as a best option, which can be prepared easily with besan and spices that are available in your kitchen pantry. It is quite delicious and loved by all age groups, so you can easily put them as tea time snacks in your small parties. So here’s the recipe, try it and share the experiences.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Charkhi Puri
- 2 cup Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- 2 tsp Red Chilli (Lal Mirch) Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Coriander (Dhaniya) Powder
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Water for kneading
- Oil for frying and adding in the dough
Preparation before Recipe
Knead the dough by mixing 2 cup Gram Flour, 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp Turmeric, 1 tsp Coriander Powder, ¼ tsp Asafoetida, 1/2 tsp Carom seeds, salt and 2 tbsp oil in required quantity of water. Keep it covered for 15 min.
Charkhi Puri Recipe: Step By Step
- Take ball sized dough and flatten it with your hand or flatten it on a rolling surface.
- Prick it using a fork to prevent puffing.
- Finish with all the dough and let the puri’s dry.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the puri in medium hot oil.
- Fry until the puri starts floating, this may take approx 1-2 minutes.
- Continue to fry on low to medium flame till they turn golden in colour.
- Drain off the puri over kitchen paper so that excess oil is absorbed.
- Finally your charkhi puri is ready to serve with tea.
- Alternatively, you can adjust the spiciness according to your taste.
- Always cover your dough with a moist cloth to avoid it from hardening.
- Don’t store it for long.
Frequently Asked Questions
No!! It is deep fried and not recommended for healthy eating. You can just have 1 or 2 small pieces.
Charkhi Puri is fried snack made by a dough made of chickpea flour with added spices, salt and oil.
No!! It cannot be baked.
Yes!! If you eat in large amounts it can gain your weight.
No!! it is not eaten in fast.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!FOODIE NUT