Farali french fries are crunchy, crispy, and deep fried snack to make on fasting days
Farali French Fries Prep Time 10 minutes
Farali French Fries Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all?? Why to eat boring fast meals, don’t stop yourself from eating some tasty snacks. Try crunchy, crispy, and deep-fried Farali french fries and make your fasting days super exotic. The best thing with these snacks is that you can make it anytime even without fasting. It is easy to make gluten free and light on your stomach. Potatoes are very commonly eaten during fasting days and Farali french fries is a tasty version of normal potato french fries. Farali french fries are an easy attempt to please your taste buds during fasting. All you just need is 30 mins to prepare these tasty fries. These are in turn perfect for your tea time snacking or anytime snacking.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Farali French Fries
Farali French Fries Recipe Ingredients
· 2 potatoes
· 1 cup Amaranth flour (Rajgira)
· 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
· 1 finely chopped Green chili
· 1 cup finely chopped green coriander
· 1 tsp grated ginger
· Rock salt as per taste
· Oil for deep frying
Preparation Before Farali French Fries Recipe
· Prepare potatoes for fries– Wash, clean and peel potatoes. Cut them in slices. You can use a knife or cut with french fries cutter.
· Make Rajgira batter– In a mixing bowl add 1 cup rajgira flour, 3 tbsp arrowroot powder, grated ginger, chopped chili, green coriander and salt to taste. Mix them well and add water to make a thick batter.
Farali French Fries Recipe: Step By Step
Mix potato slices into the rajgira batter and mix them evenly.
Heat oil in a pan and deep fry potatoes coated with rajgira batter till golden brown.
Transfer fries on a kitchen towel so that all the extra oil is absorbed.
Your Farali french fries are ready to serve with green coriander chutney or tea on your fasting day.
Farali French Fries Recipe Tips
- You can also use kuttu atta (buckwheat flour) or singhara atta (water chestnut flour) to make these farali french fries.
- Farali french fries can be made in an oven & in an air fryer.
- These are best when served hot or at room temperature. You can keep in the fridge if required.
Nutrition Value of Farali French Fries
|Calor||Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||9|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for Farali French Fries
Frequently Asked Questions
No!!! These are deep fried which is not suitable for healthy living.
Rajgira, also known as Amaranth, which are grown primarily as seed.
Rajgira flour is made from the seeds of the amaranth plant. There are many members of the amaranth family.
No!!! It is one of the spices that people generally refrain from eating during this fasting period.
Yes!!! One can use chilli powder, sendha namak, black pepper powder, cumin powder during vrat or fast.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!