Farali Makhana Chaat is much loved by those observing fast during the nine days of Navratri.
Farali Makhana Chaat Recipe Prep Time 10 mins
Farali Makhana Chaat Cook Time 30 mins
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all?? Thinking about what to make these fast days??? Then chill it out. We are here with quick Farali Makhana Chaat that will surely tantalize your taste buds. Actually this quick and easy to make Indian snack is low-calorie and light on tummy and tastes delicious to your palate. To make Farali Makhana Chaat all you need is 15 minutes from your busy schedule and some daily useful ingredients from your pantry like tomato, cucumber, boiled potato, and pomegranate arils. Fox Nuts are a healthy way to snack on fast days. Farali Makhana Chaat recipe, is a healthy and easy to make chaat recipe, perfect for your fast days.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Farali Makhana Chaat
Farali Makhana Chaat Recipe Ingredients
· 2 1/2 cups Fox Nuts (Makhana)
· 1 tsp Red Chili (Lal Mirch) Powder
· 2 tsp Ghee
· 1/2 tsp Cumin (Jeera)
· 1 Boiled Potato
· 1 Chopped Cucumber
· Pinch of Rock Salt
· 1/2 tsp Powdered Sugar
· 1 Lemon
· Coriander leaves for garnishing
Preparation Before Recipe
1. Take 1 Boiled Potato and 1Tomato and finely chop them.
2. Roast Makhana: In a pan add ghee and add 1/2 tsp Cumin. To it add red chili powder. Give it a quick mix and immediately add 2 1/2 cups Fox nuts (Makhana). Mix well and roast it for 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn this.
Farali Makhana Chaat Recipe: Step By Step
1. Transfer the roasted makhana to a wide bowl.
2. Add the finely chopped potato, tomato, cucumber and coriander leaves and pinch of rock salt and 1/2 tsp Powdered Sugar .
3. Squeeze the lemon juice. Give it even mix.
4. Farali Makhana Chaat is ready to serve.
Farali Makhana Chaat Recipe Tips
· You can add pomegranate also to this farali makhana chaat.
· If you want green chutney and curd can also be added to enhance the taste of the makhana chaat.
Nutrition Value of Farali Makhana Chaat
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin A||48.8 mcg||1%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.2mg||20%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.1mg||9%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.4mg||3%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||26 mcg||13%|
* Nutrition value is a rough estimate for 1 bowl of Makhana Chaat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Makhana is also called fox nuts that originate from a plant called Euryale Fox, which grows in the stagnant water of wetlands or ponds in Eastern Asia.
The regular consumption of Makhana can help keep indigestion and constipation at bay. Makhana also has antioxidant properties.
Makhanas are excellent during pregnancy because they are storehouses of minerals. They have a low glycaemic index and will help you feel full after you’ve eaten a few of them.
Yes!! Makhana can be consumed both raw or in cooked.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!