Fascinating Facts About Cupcakes
How about making a pretty cupcake today..!!!! ohhhh it will be fun making a basket full of yummy cupcakes. Now while you enjoy your yummy tasty cupcake, we have listed some fascinating facts about cupcakes.
1. Cupcakes have been around since the late 1700’s.
2. Early cupcakes were baked in teacups or ramekins (small clay pots) and hence, a cup of cake Cupcake!
3. These yummy bites found their identity far back as 1796, with a recipe notation of “a cake to be baked in small cups” written in American Cookery by Amelia Simms.
4. Although cupcakes were old enough but they gained popularity in the early 2000’s when NYC shops like Magnolia Bakery were featured on Sex and the City.
5. Cupcakes were originally named “Number Cakes” or “1234 Cakes”. 1 cup of butter, one cup of milk, one spoonful of soda, 2 cups of sugar, 3 cups of flour and 4 eggs,.
6. October 18th is National Chocolate Cupcake Day. November 9th is National Vanilla Cupcake Day. December 15th is National Lemon Cupcake Day.
7. Do you know the record for eating the most cupcakes is 29 cupcakes in shortest duration of 30 seconds?
8. The world’s largest cupcake weighed over 1,200 lbs and had over 2 million calories.
9. Fairy Cakes are the cupcakes of Britain. Patty Cakes are the cupcakes of Australia. “Butterfly Cupcakes” are a cupcakes with two wings like pieces.
10. An old English tradition says that if you put a fruit cupcake under your bed, you will dream of your future spouse.