Fascinating Facts About Flour
While you are planning of making muffins, pizza, cakes and cookies have a quick look on some fascinating facts about flour.
1. The earliest archaeological evidence for wheat seeds crushed between simple millstones to make flour dates to 6000 BC.
2. In 1879, at the beginning of the Industrial Era, the first steam mill was erected in London.
3. One whole grain of wheat makes over 20,000 particles of flour.
4. March is National Flour Month.
5. People who eat whole wheat flour are slimmer than those who consume refined flour.
6. Whole wheat flour decrease risk of type 2 Diabetes.
7. If flour is stored at room temperature, try to use it within a week or two, or you can store the flour in the freezer for longer periods of time.
8. All purpose flour get its name for a reason, since it can be used to make everything from muffins to pizza, cakes to cookies, and quick breads to pie crust hence all purpose flour.
9. Another large element to the white flour issue is that wheat flour contains gluten. Gluten contains proteins that are very difficult for us to digest, leading to inflammation, leaky gut and allergies.
10. Flour Variations:
· All-Purpose Flour
· Cake Flour
· Pastry Flour
· Self-Rising Flour
· Bread flour
· Oat flour
· White whole wheat flour
· Whole wheat flour