The indori style poha recipe goes smoothly with this distinct flavoured Jeeravan Masala
As stated earlier, one thing without which Indori poha is incomplete is Jeeravan Masala. The indori style poha recipe goes smoothly with this distinct flavoured Jeeravan Masala. This spiced-salt seasoning is a classic mix of spices and herbs that imparts a unique flavour. It is a nice sprinkler to add on khakhra, fruits, raw mango slices, cucumber, sprouts, paratha, potato chips, french fries, burger, raitha, fruit chaats, sandwich, boiled potato or eggs, fryums, etc.
Every time you don’t have to rush to the market to get masala for your authentic cuisine, you can make it at home as well. So, here we are sharing an easy recipe of Jeeravan Masala that you can easily prepare at home. You can also read Indori Style Poha Recipe
Scroll down for the recipe of Jeeravan Masala.
Jeeravan Masala Recipe At Home
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (Dhaniya)
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 tbsp fennel seed (Sauf)
- 4 cloves (Laung)
- 1 black cardamom (Elaichi)
- 1/2 stick cinnamon stick (Dalchini)
- 1 small bay leaf (Tej Patta)
- 6 medium dry red chillies
- 1 strand mace (Javitri)
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder (Sauth)
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg (Jayfal)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/8 tsp black salt (Kala Namak)
- 1/8 tsp salt
Jeeravan Masala Recipe: Step By Step
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan and put it on medium flame.
- Now into it add the whole dry spices except the coriander seeds and roast on a gentle heat till you feel a nice aroma.
- After the dry spices get aromatic, turn off the burner and remove the pan and set aside to cool.
- Now to this add the coriander seeds and roast well.
- To the above mixture add to the other remaining spices along with the powders and salts.
- Give them a terrible mix and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Then take a grinder and grind the mixture to convert it into a fine mix.
- Your tasty Jeeravan Masala is ready, store it in an airtight glass jar and use it accordingly.
- You can double or triple the quantities of the mixture to make more quantity as required.
- If you are making a larger quantity of Jeeravan Masala, than store it in a double airtight pack in the refrigerator.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!Foodie nut