How To Make Kaju Katli At Home
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? India is a land of festivals and festivals are meant for sweets isn’t it??? Sweet and kaju katli go hand in hand. Think of any festival and you instantly think of kaju katli then. Kaju katli is not just a sweet but a palate’s love. In fact it has a huge fan following. This sweet thin piece of kaju is one of the most bought sweets from the Indian sweet shops during festivals & occasions. The packet of kaju katli is usually gifted to friends & relatives to spread joy. Today we are here with the sweet recipe of your beloved kaju katli. The recipe needs only a few ingredients that are always available in our Indian kitchens. Don’t be upset if you don’t get it right on the first go. Practice will make you perfect. All you need to do is, follow the below given steps and you are good to go and your Kaju Katli will be ready in no time.
Scroll down to get the recipe Kaju Katli recipe
Prep Time : 30-1 hour
Cook time : 10-15 minutes
Kaju Katli recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder (Elaichi Powder)
- 1 tsp ghee
- Silver Vark
Preparation for Kaju Katli Recipe
- Prepare your cashew powder by grinding 1 cup cashews in a small mixer jar.
- Make sugar syrup by taking ½ cup of sugar and ¼ cup of water in a non stick pan. Keep the flame on low and keep on stirring to form 1 string consistency syrup.
Kaju Katli Recipe: Step By Step
- Sieve the ground cashew powder into the sugar syrup.
- While preparing all the time keep the flame on low and give a good mix.
- Once the cashew paste turns to dough leaving the pan add a tsp of ghee.
- Stir continuously till the ghee melts completely and cashew dough is formed leaving the pan.
- Switch off the flame and take a butter paper and grease it with ghee. Now transfer the cashew dough on to the butter paper.
- Now put a little ghee on your hand and knead for 30 seconds. Once you knead smooth dough, cover it with butter paper.
- Then roll the dough with a rolling-pin. Adjust the thickness according to your choice and preference.
- Now cut the dough into diamond or square shape.
- Decorate with silver leaf/silver vark.
- Finally, your kaju katli is ready to be served.
Tips: Kaju Katli Recipe
- If your cashews are moist dry roast them.
- Do not over-knead cashew dough, as cashews will start releasing oil.
- Do not boil the sugar syrup after you attain 1 string consistency, it turns burfi hard and brittle.
- Put the flame on low all the time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Kaju Katli healthy?
Does Kaju Katli contain milk?
Can we eat Kaju Katli in fast?
Is Kaju good for weight loss?
What is the silver coating on Kaju Katli?
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!Foodie nut