Green Chutney is one of the best companions of Indian cuisine. It is usually referred to as a dip with fried snacks, for chaats and also to make Sandwiches. The green chutney aids in enhancing the taste of any dish. For chutney lovers it is necessary to have it every day. But sometimes it’s not easy to make it every day, so here we have an alternate way to help you out.
Make green chutney in bulk and store it in the freezer. It stays fresh up to 3 months. Always store the chutney right away if not being served. Store it in an air-tight container or it will turn brownish or even dark blackish green (due to oxidation). Have a look on how to store green chutney for long use. This way you can store the chutney for 2 months.
How to Store Green Chutney at home
1. Make green chutney the way you would normally do. Add lemon juice, to help it preserve better.
2. Take an Ice cube tray. Fill each cube with chutney.
3. Then cover the tray and put it into the freezer.
4. Keep it in the freezer for 4 – 5 hours or until it gets rock solid cubes.
5. Take it out and put each chutney cubes into Ziplock bags or airtight containers. This retains the color and texture of the chutney and prevents any freezer smell from getting in your chutney.6. Seal the zip-lock bag, after ensuring to take all the air out. Store it into a freezer after labelling it.
7. Anytime you need chutney, take some frozen cubes and microwave for 20 seconds- and see your chutney is ready to use.
If you want to store green chutney, DO NOT add salt in the chutney as it helps in oxidation faster. Always add salt right before serving.
How to Thaw the Chutney
If you do not want it right away: Simply take out the chutney from the freezer and place in the fridge overnight and then use it.
If you want it right away: Place in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Please place a cover while microwaving as it splatters all around. After that, use it.
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!