How To Make Quick And Easy Kalakand At Home
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? Kalakand is a sweet cuisine of Uttar Pradesh. It is indeed one of the popular Indian sweets. Although the traditional way of making kalakand sweets is a long one and takes some time but today we are here with a simple quick and easy recipe of Kalakand. It is basically made up of only 3 ingredients milk, sugar and alum while you can add other optional items for garnishing.
The best thing about this heavenly sweet is easy to make and less filling as compared to other indian sweets. But the only bad thing it comes with is with short life period. You cannot store it for long and it is best to prepare it fresh and consume the same day.
So if you have a lot of whole milk and are wondering what best to make then there’s nothing better than Kalakand. Read our quicker version of kalakand and try one at home.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Kalakand
Kalakand Prep Time
Prep Time : 6-10 minutes
Cook time : 1-2 hours
· 2 litres Milk
· 4 tablespoons sugar
· 1/4 tablespoon crushed Alum (phitkari)
· 1/2 tablespoon ghee
· Saffron (Optional)
· 15-20 sliced Dry Fruits (Optional)
Preparation before Recipe
· Arrange a thick bottom pan
· Arrange all the ingredients.· Slice the dry fruits.
Kalakand Recipe: Step By Step
1. Take a large thick-bottomed pan and boil the milk. Allow it to boil on its own till it thickens slightly.
2. As the milk thickens add the alum to the thickened milk and now continuously stir till the milk becomes grainy.
3. Cook it on low flame, till most of the moisture evaporates and a solid mass remains.
4. After this add the sugar and mix well. Cook for five or ten minutes until you get a thickened mixture.
5. You can serve it by garnishing with dry fruits but if you want in the form of pieces then take an aluminum tray and grease it with ghee.
6. Pour the milk mixture into the tray. Sprinkle the sliced dry fruits on top. Leave to set for a few hours in a cool, dry place.
7. Cut in pieces and your Kalakand is ready to serve.
Kalakand Recipe Tips
- You can add saffron also to get an aromatic flavor.
- Always use a thick bottom pan.
Nutrition Value of Kalakand
Serving Size: 1 piece (44g)
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||57|
Kalakand Vitamin and Mineral Summary
|Vitamin A 4%||Vitamin C 1%|
|Calcium 16%||Iron 1%|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for 1 pc Kalakand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kalakand is an Indian cheesecake made from sweetened milk with sliced nuts.
Kalakand is an Indian sweet which is made using milk and sugar.
No, Kalakand is not healthy.
1pc of Kalakand gives 142 kcal.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!