Kuttu Papdi Chaat is a crunchy and deep-fried snack eaten during fasting or vrat.
Kuttu Papdi Chaat Recipe Prep Time: 20 minutes
Kuttu Papdi Chaat Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all?? We foodies love snacking isn’t it!!!! And Papdi chaat is one of the most loved snacks, but what to do when we are fasting, that time we can only eat gluten-free flours, root vegetables, dairy and fruits. We are here with a tasty solution for your palate on fast days. You can make savory Kuttu Papdi Chaat which is fried but still is more nutritious. Another best thing with this delectable dish is its key ingredients Yogurt, pomegranate and ginger bring their own flavours with healthful properties.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Kuttu Papdi Chaat
Kuttu Papdi Chaat Ingredients
· 1 cup kuttu flour (buckwheat flour)
· 2 chopped boiled potatoes
· 1 tbsp oil
· 1 tsp cumin seed powder
· 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
· 1 cup thick curd
· Coriander chutney (Vrat one)
· Handful pomegranate pearls
· Handful dry roasted peanut
· Oil for frying
· Rock salt as per taste
· Coriander Leaves
Preparation Before Recipe
• Peel boiled potatoes and chop them.
• Knead papdi dough by adding 1 cup kuttu flour (buckwheat flour), 2 chopped boiled potatoes, 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp cumin seed powder, 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder. Mix everything and add water in small quantities. Dough is ready and kept aside for 15 minutes.
Kuttu Papdi Chaat Recipe: Step By Step
1. Dust the rolling surface and roll small papdis and prick with a fork.
2. Take oil in a pan and fry papdi until crisp on low heat.
3. In a plate arrange 8-10 papdis. Place 1 tsp chopped boil potatoes.
4. Pour beaten curd on every papdi and add chutney as per requirement.
5. Sprinkle cumin seed powder, rock salt and red chili powder.
6. Garnish with roasted peanuts, pomegranate pearls and coriander leaves.
7. Your kuttu papdi chaat is ready to serve.
Kuttu Papdi Chaat Recipe Tips
· Pricking ensures papdi doesn’t puff up like a poori.
· You can make these papdis beforehand too. Normal days they also make a great snack with tea.
Nutritional Value of Kuttu Papdi Chaat
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||9|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for Kuttu Papdi Chaat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kuttu is a fruit seed called pseudo-cereals. Kuttu ka atta is great for skin and also helps to prevent infections.
Yes!! you can have kuttu during pregnancy.
As a good source of fiber, buckwheat has a low to medium GI. It is safe to eat for most people with type 2 diabetes.
Yes!! Consumption of kuttu ka atta during fast helps to improve the appetite of the body. It even helps to prevent the problem of diarrhoea.
Kuttu ka atta contains vitamin B-complex vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and vitamin B (niacin) and a large amount of essential nutrients and minerals. In addition, it also contains trace minerals like phosphorus, copper, iron and zinc. Buckwheat flour also aids in weight loss.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!