Masala Chaas (Spiced Buttermilk) is a popular Indian drink. This refreshing drink is lightly spiced and is the perfect way to cool off during summers. Traditionally made by churning out the butter from milk, or even curd one of India’s favorite coolers. Masala Chaas (Spiced Buttermilk) is brilliant as a digestive, and the addition of spices such as cumin only enhances its benefits.
The desi buttermilk is commonly had during the warmer seasons and helps in balancing body temperature. The sip is a nutritious combination of curd and water. The recipe of Masala Chaas (Spiced Buttermilk) varies from state to state. It is commonly called chaas in North India, mor in Tamil Nadu, mooru in Kerala, majige in Kannada and Telugu and ghol in West Bengal.
• 1 cup plain curd
• 2 cups chilled water
• 1 green chilli (optional)
• 1/2 inch ginger (optional)
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
• 1/2 teaspoon black salt
• 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon chat masala
• Mint leaves and coriander leaves for garnish
Masala Chaas (Spiced Buttermilk) Recipe: Step By Step
1. Take 1 cup plain curd and add all the ingredients together. Adding green chilli and ginger is optional.
2. Blend the mixture well using a blender or a hand churner.
3. Take 2 cups of chilled water in a large pot. Mix it well so there are no lumps.
4. Allow the mixture to refrigerate for at least 20 min and finally turn into Masala Chaas (Spiced Buttermilk).
5. You can sprinkle some chaat masala on top before serving, and garnish with a sprig of coriander or mint as well.
Nutrition Value of Masala Chaas (Spiced Buttermilk)
|Value Per Saving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||36|
*Nutrition value is rough estimate for 1 glass
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
FOODIE NUT SAYS EAT HEALTHY STAY FIT!!!!FOODIENUT
ALSO READ: Bechamel Sauce Recipe
TRENDING : Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe
MUST READ: Delicious Walnut Sauce Recipe
Checkout these FoodieNut Recipes
Kaccha Kela Poori Recipe | Bharwan Karela Recipe | Paneer Aloo Paratha Recipe | Broccoli Salad Recipe | Poha Recipe | Mango Shake Recipe | Rose Falooda Recipe | Curry Powder Recipe | Chole Masala Powder Recipe | Garam Masala Recipe | Imli / Tamarind Chutney Recipe | Coriander/ Cilantro Chutney Recipe | Watermelon Cooler Recipe | Sattu Drink Recipe | Sugarcane Juice Recipe | Jaljeera Recipe | Masala Chaas (Spiced Buttermilk) Recipe | Aam Panna Recipe | Nimbu Pani Recipe | Eggless Nankhatai Recipe | Potli Samosa Recipe | Gujiya Recipe | Bikaneri Samosa Recipe | Cornflakes Chivda Recipe | Singhara Uttapam Recipe | Chakli Recipe | Namak Pare Recipe | Bhakarwadi Recipe
More FoodieNut Recipes
Sabudana Aloo Chilla Recipe | Charkhi Puri Recipe | Butter Cookies Recipe | Paneer Pakora Recipe | Poha Chivda Recipe | Chocolate Cake Recipe | Farali Makhana Chaat Recipe | Kuttu Papdi Chaat Recipe | Farali french fries Recipe | Mathri Recipe | Sabudana Thalipeeth Recipe | Vrat Aloo Poori Recipe | Banana Smoothie Recipe | Cappuccino Recipe | Mathura Peda Recipe | Besan Ladoo Recipe | Kalakand Recipe | Chenna Murki Recipe | Matka Roti | Coconut Ladoo Recipe | Blueberry Smoothie Recipe | Hot Caffe Latte Recipe