Mathri is a deep-fried snack which is inevitable and has many variations and types
Mathri Recipe Prep Time: 10 min
Mathri Recipe Cook Time: 25 min
Mathri Recipe Total Time: 35 min
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? Diwali is the time for snacking. So here we are with a deep fried recipe of Mathri, which can be enjoyed with tea. It is the Indian and namkeen version of cookies with a long shelf life. Hence once you made it in bulk you can store them in an airtight container and enjoy it for the next few weeks. Mathri is a popular snack that can be easily made during Diwali time. This snack recipe has a crispy yet flaky texture that is extremely crunchy and is quite delicious. So here’s the recipe: try it at home and share the experiences.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Mathri
Mathri Recipe Ingredients
· 2 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
· 2 tbsp Rava (semolina)
· 2 tbsp crushed kasuri methi
· 1 tsp crushed pepper
· ¼ tsp Ajwain (carom seeds)
· 1 tsp Cumin (jeera)
· ½ tsp salt
· 2 tbsp Ghee (clarified butter)
· Water for kneading
· Oil for frying
Preparation before Recipe·
Knead the dough by mixing 2 cup maida, 2 tbsp rava, 2 tbsp kasuri methi, 1 tsp pepper, ¼ tsp ajwain, 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp salt and 2 tbsp ghee in required quantity of water.
Mathri Recipe: Step By Step
1. Take ball sized dough and flatten it with your hand or flatten it on a rolling surface.
2. Prick it using a fork to prevent puffing.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry the mathri in medium hot oil.
4. Fry on low flame till the mathri starts floating, this may take approx 1-2 minutes.
5. Continue to fry on low to medium flame till they turn crispy and golden in colour.
6. Drain off the mathri over kitchen paper so that excess oil is absorbed.
7. Your mathri is ready to serve with tea.
1. Alternatively, we can bake mathri in a preheated oven at 180-degree Celsius for 25-30 minutes.
2. You can store it in an airtight container for a month.
Nutrition Value of Mathri
Serving Size: 1 piece (10g)
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||24||4%|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for 1 Mathri.
Frequently Asked Questions
No!! It is deep fried and not recommended for healthy eating. You can just have 1 or 2 small pieces.
Mathri is fried snack made by a dough made of maida, rava, kasuri methi, pepper, ajwain, cumin, salt and ghee.
Yes!! It can be baked also.
Yes!! If you eat in large amounts it can gain your weight.
No!! it is not eaten in fast.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!