How To Make Mathura Peda At Home
Peda Recipe Prep Time: 6-10 minutes
Peda Recipe Cook time: 1.30-2 hour
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? Mathura peda is a North Indian sweet dish that is one of the mawa sweet varieties. Mathura peda is so famous in India that Mathura acts as a brand name for peda sweets. These are made by cooking together fresh mawa, milk, sugar and ghee with cardamom powder for added flavour.
Every year on the day of Janmashtami Peda are prepared to offer to Lord Krishna and break the fasting. But this can be used to offer a bhog to other deities as well and can be used as Prasad. Again it can be used for festivals and other occasions also. In fact peda is so popular that you can get milk peda in any mithai shop in India.
So today we are here with a sweet and simple recipe of peda. It is easy, quick and does not take much time. These milk pedas taste super delicious and after tasting these pedas you will definitely forget the one you buy from mithai shops. You can add flavor to your pedas by adding various dry fruits, flavorings like saffron or cardamom powder or rose water and some more ingredients like milk powder or coconut etc. but this is totally up to you and purely optional. Read the recipe of peda and give it a try.
Scroll down to get the recipe of peda
Sweet Dish Peda Ingredients
· 5 cup Milk
· ¼ cup Sugar
· ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder)
· Toothpick or Fork
Peda Recipe: Step By Step
1. Take 5 cup milk in a large pan. Occasionally stir the milk to prevent milk from sticking to the bottom and avoid burning.
2. Let the milk boil and now stir continuously till the milk thickens, it will take about 8 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes of continuous stirring the milk turns into creamy texture. And after 50 minutes, it will turn to a paste kind of texture.
4. After paste type texture you need to add ¼ cup sugar or according to your taste and cardamom powder.
5. Keep stirring till the sugar dissolves. Now continue to cook on low flame until the mixture separates from the pan and holds shape.
6. Cool the mixture slightly and take a small ball sized ball.
7. Roll to a ball and design it. You can also decorate using a toothpick or fork or mould and design of your choice .
8. Your pedas are ready to serve
Peda Recipe Tips
· Use full fat milk for a more creamy texture.
· Peda can be stored for a week when stored in an airtight container.
· You can garnish it with almonds, cashews or pistachios.
Nutrition Value of Peda
Serving Size: 100 g
|Cal||Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Includes 32g Added Sugars||64%|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for Peda
Peda is a rolled soft lumpy dough ball made by cooking milk powder, condensed milk and ghee together.
One piece has about 82 calories.
1 kg of peda has Approx 70 pieces depending upon size and shape.
Pedas originated in the city of Mathura in the present-day Uttar Pradesh.
Peda can be stored for a week when stored in an airtight container.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!