Murgh Masala A Mouthwatering Popular Indian Curry Perfect for Your Sunday Lunch
Murgh Masala Recipe
Prep Time: 40 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? If you are on the non-veg side then a savory Murgh Masala Recipe is ready to be cooked for your special sunday lunch. This classic Indian curry of chicken legs, is cooked on the bone in a spicy tomato and onion gravy along with yogurt and aromatic spices. So get started to put your pan for tasty Murgh Masala.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Murgh Masala
- 1 bowl Chicken legs (400 g)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tablespoons Curd
- 2 finely chopped Onions
- 1inch finely chopped Ginger
- 1 Cardamom (Elaichi)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/2 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons Mustard oil
- Finely chopped Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
Preparation before Recipe
- Wash the chicken legs thoroughly and put it on the kitchen towel for drying.
- For Tenderizing– In a small bowl, mix lemon juice & salt and apply this mixture on the chicken pieces to tenderize the meat. Allow it to rest for about 5 minutes.
- For Marination– Add ginger garlic paste, curd and kashmiri chilli powder. Add the chicken to this, cover and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Murgh Masala Recipe Step By Step
- Put a pan on low flame and heat it, add mustard oil to it. Now place the chicken in the pan along with the cinnamon sticks.and fry it on both sides which will take about 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken legs are pan fried, escape them out of the pan into a plate.
Step #3 ] In the same pan, add cardamom, bay leaf and allow them to saute for a minute. Next to it add onions and saute the onions for about 3-4 minutes until they become translucent.
Step #4 ] Add all the spice powders, once the onions are cooked.
Step #5 ] Saute all the spices together and once they are well combined add tomato puree and honey and mix it well.
Step #6 ] Again put the chicken legs back into the pan and mix until all the masala gets coated well. Finally your Murgh Masala is ready to serve. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Step #7 ] Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Alternatively, you can adjust the spiciness according to your taste.
- Put a watch on flame. The heat should be low so that the chicken legs cook well in the masala.
- At regular intervals keep tossing the chicken legs in the masala to make sure it does not burn.
Nutrition Value of Murgh Masala
Serving Size: cup (236g grams)
|Calorie||Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||194|
Frequently Asked Questions
No!! It is deep fried and not recommended for healthy eating.
Murgh Masala is a classic Indian curry of chicken legs, is cooked on the bone in a spicy tomato and onion gravy along with yogurt and aromatic spices.
No!! It cannot be baked.
Yes!! It helps in weight gain.
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for Murgh Masala.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!