Namak Pare is basically a spicy and savoury snack prepared mainly with wheat flour and spices.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time:25 mins
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? Do you want to try excellent tea time snacks during the festive season or for Diwali snacking???? Then go for Namak Pare. They are easy to make and once made in bulk these can be stored in an airtight container to enjoy them with tea for the next few weeks. Namak Pare are basically a spicy and savoury snack mainly prepared with wheat flour or all purpose flour or Semolina. They can be crunchy ribbons like strips shaped or square shaped. This is best accompanied with tea time or evening snack recipe with a cup of chai or coffee. Try this at home and share with family and friends.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Namak Pare
Namak Pare Ingredients
• 2 cup Wheat Flour (Atta)
• 2 tbsp Semolina (Rava or Suji)
• 1 tsp Carom (Ajwain)
• ½ tsp Crushed Pepper
• ½ tsp Salt
• Oil for frying and adding in dough
Preparation before Namak Pare Recipe
Prepare Dough: Take 2 cup wheat flour and 2 tbsp rava in a bowl. Add 1 tsp ajwain, ½ tsp pepper and ½ tsp salt mix everything well. Heat some butter or oil in a bowl and add it to the flour mixture and mix it well. Add water as required and knead tight dough. Cover and allow it to rest.
Namak Pare Recipe: Step By Step
1. Take a large ball of dough and dust some wheat flour on a rolling surface and flatten it into round / square shape but slightly thick.
2. Take a knife and cut them into long strips and shape them accordingly.
3. Now take a pan and heat oil. Drop the namak pare into the hot oil.
4. Fry them till golden brown on low-medium flame. Drain them on a kitchen towel so that extra oil is absorbed.
5. You can also bake in a preheated oven at 180-degree celsius for 15-20 minutes.
6. Allow namak to cool.
7. Your namak pare are ready to serve and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Value of Namak Pare
Serving Size: 1 piece (2.8g)
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||12|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for Namak Pare.
Frequently Asked Questions
No!! It is deep fried and not recommended for healthy eating. You can just have some small pieces, that also when you are not on diet.
Namak Pare is fried snack made by a dough made of maida (all purpose flour) or semolina (Rava) and wheat flour and spices.
Yes!! It can be baked also.
Yes!! If you eat in large amounts it can help in gaining your weight.
No!! It is not eaten in fast.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!