It is called one of the favourite breakfast dishes.
Thinking!!! of poha….and the mouth is flooded with water, isn’t it???? Poha is called one of the favourite breakfast dishes. And when it comes to Indori poha then you are in a different world. Actually one of Indore’s signature dishes is Poha, a delicious and light breakfast staple with a high fan following. Poha is cooked in a hundred different ways across India, but the Indori style poha recipe is unique. It is light, fluffy, crunchy, sweet, sour, spicy, and tangy.
In this, onions are not only sautéed, but also used for garnishing. Whether eaten on its own or partners with jalebi or chai (tea) Indori poha is always delicious. For an authentic Indori style poha recipe,you need sev and jeeravan which are an essential ingredient and cannot be avoided.
If you have not tasted this then give this dish a try and share your experiences.
Indori Style Poha Recipe At Home
- 2 cup Poha (Flattened rice)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 1 teaspoon Black Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- Pinch of Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1 tablespoon Raw Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 2 chopped Onions
- 2 finely chopped Green Chillies
- 7-8 Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powde
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Sugar, according to your taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- 1/4 cup Fresh Pomegranate Fruit Kernels
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Recipe Indori Style Poha Recipe: Step By Step
- In a big bowl add 2 cups of poha (Flattened rice) into 2 cups of water, rinse it gently, give a swirl with fingers. Now drain all the water and keep aside for 2-3 mins.
- Now sprinkle some turmeric powder, salt and sugar over the soaked poha, mix it gently and keep aside.
- Now heat 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil in a pan, add 7-8 Curry leaves, 1 teaspoon Black Mustard seeds (Rai), 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera), 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf), once it starts crackling add a pinch of Asafoetida (hing).
- Then sauté 1 tablespoon Raw Peanuts (Moongphali) for a few seconds. Add 1 chopped onion, 2 finely chopped green chillies and stir fry it.
- Once the onion becomes slightly golden brown, add prepared poha mixture, mix it lightly and cover the lid for 2 mins on low flame.
- Remove the lid, sprinkle jeeravan masala.
- Garnish it with Indori sev, chopped coriander leaves, some chopped onion, pomegranate fruit kernels, and lemon and enjoy Indori poha.
Nutrition Value of Indori Style Poha
|Calorie||Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||1mg||67%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||1mg||59%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||1mg||5%|
|Vitamin B9 (Folate)||14µg||4%|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for 1 bowl of Indori Style Poha.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!Foodie nut Cafe