Potli Samosa is a tasty variation to our traditional samosa
Potatoes Potli Samosa Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all??? What about making potli samosa as a starter for Diwali party???? Sounds great na!!!! try our delicious and super tasty recipe of Potli Samosa at home. As the name refers Potli Samosa is nothing but the samosas shaped as potlis. They are in turn small packets or bag of potatoes that look very beautiful, unique and very delicious. The best part with potli samosa is you can fill the stuffing of your choice and shape your samosa as potli. This can be an easy and fast option for your diwali get together or for any special occasions. So, try this savory recipe and share your feedback with us.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Potli Samosa
Potli Samosa Recipe Ingredients
• 1 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
• 1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds
• Oil or ghee for dough
• 2 boiled Potato
• 1 tsp cumin seed
• 1 tsp fennel seed
• 1 tsp crushed coriander seed
• 1/2 cup Green peas
• Paneer chunks
• 1 finely chopped Green chilli
• Salt to taste
• Red chilli powder – as per need
• ¼ tsp Garam masala
• finely chopped Green coriander
• Water for kneading
• Oil for frying
Preparation before Potli Samosa Recipe
Prepare Dough: Take maida (all purpose flour) and add salt, 1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds and oil in it. Pour water to knead a soft dough. Cover the dough with cloth and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
Make Potli Samosa Stuffing: Take a pan and heat 2 teaspoon vegetable oil into it, add 1 teaspoon cumin seed, 1 teaspoon fennel seed, 1 teaspoon crushed coriander seed, allow it to crackle. Add finely chopped green chilies and fry for another few seconds. Add 1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas. Make sure that green peas become soft, so Saute it on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Reduce the flame to low and add red chilli powder, 1/4 teaspoon garam masala. Mix well. Cook for another minute. Finally, add boiled and mashed potatoes and paneer chunks, and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves. Stuffing for the potli samosas is ready. Allow it to cool completely.
Potli Samosa Recipe: Step By Step
1. Knead the dough more to make it softer. Make small balls out of the dough.
2. Take one ball and roll it. Make sure the sheet doesn’t become much thin.
3. Take the sheet in your hand and place stuffing in the center. Apply little water at the corners of the sheet and give it a shape of potli. Seal it carefully.
4. Take a pan to heat oil. Fry samosas on medium flame till they get golden brown color.
5. Finally your hot potli samosas are ready to serve with green coriander chutney or tamarind chutney and tomato sauce.
1. Cover the balls with cloth so that they don’t get dried up.
2. Use frozen peas which cook faster as compared to fresh peas. But if you are using fresh peas then sprinkle some water and cover the pan and let it cook for 6-7 minutes until they turn soft.
Nutrition Value of Potli Samosa
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||155|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for Potli Samosa.
Frequently Asked Questions
No!! It is deep fried and not recommended for healthy eating. You can just have 1 small piece, that also when you are not on dieting.
Potli Samosa is fried snack made by a dough made of maida (all purpose flour) and stuffed with potato and spices.
Yes!! It can be baked also.
Yes!! If you eat in large amounts it can gain your weight.
No!! it is not eaten in fast.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!
#recipeshare #recipesharing #recipesbyyou #recipeswap #recipesofinstagram #recipesforselflove #recipesforkids #recipesoftheday #recipesdelicious #recipesbook #recipesideas #recipesmom #recipesuccess #recipesharring #recipesforlife #recipesforhealth #recipesforsuccess #recipesforweightloss #recipesthatcrock #recipesfordisaster