How To Make A Healthy and Tasty Fasting Sabudana Aloo Chilla At Home
How are you all???
Thinking about what different to eat in your vrat or fast and do try our Sabudana Aloo Chilla recipe. It is a quick and easy snack item for fast or for vrat. It can also be a good option for a yummy and healthy breakfast. This crispy chilla is surely loved by all irrespective of age. The reason why we call this as healthy is its major content Sabudana (Sago). It happens to be a good source of vitamin B6, potassium and folate. It is a pseudo-cereal and satvik in nature so preferred to eat in vrat. The chilla can be easily paired with any chutney of your choice or curd. Generally it is either sabudana vada or sabudana khichdi recipe which we prefer in fasting. But Sabudana Aloo Chilla can also be added to the list. This is the new popular way to make your fasting more tasty. Give this dish a try and let us know your experiences.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Sabudana Aloo Chilla
PREP TIME:10 MINUTES
COOK TIME:15 MINUTES
Sabudana (Sago) Aloo Chilla Recipe Ingredients
· 1 cup Soaked Sago (Sabudana)
· 1 Boiled & Grated Potato (Aloo)
· 1 tsp Cumin (Jeera)
· 1 finely chopped Green Chilli (Hari Mirch)
· ½ tsp Ginger paste (Adrak)
· ½ tsp Black Pepper powder (Kali Mirch)
· 2 tbsp chopped curry leaves
· ¼ Buckwheat flour (Kuttu atta)
· ¾ tsp salt
· 1 cup water
· oil for roasting
Preparation before Recipe
· Take 1 cup sabudana in a large bowl.
· Rub and rinse the sabudana with enough water for 3 times until the water runs clean.
· Add ¾ cup water and soak for 6 hours.
Sabudana Aloo Chilla Recipe: Step By Step
1. Take sabudana into the blender and add ½ cup water to it. Add water as required and blend to smooth paste.
2. Now add 1 grated potato, 1 tsp cumin, 1 finely chopped chilli and ½ tsp ginger paste.
3. To this add ½ tsp pepper powder, 2 tbsp curry leaves, ¼ kuttu atta and ¾ tsp salt.
4. Now add 1 cup water, whisk and mix well to form a thick batter.
5. Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes or more.
6. Now put a Tawa on flame and pour a serving spoon full of batter onto a hot Tawa and spread gently.
7. Spread 1 tsp of oil over the chilla and roast on medium flame.
8. Next to it flip the chilla and cook brown both sides pressing gently.
9. Sabudana aloo chilla is ready to serve with green chutney or curd.
Sabudana Aloo Chilla Tips
· Don’t make the batter watery. Grind the soaked sabudana with little water.
· Use grated boiled potato to the batter to allow it to spread smoothly.
· For crispy texture cook the chilla on a low flame.
Nutrition Value of Sabudana (Sago) Aloo Chilla
Serving Size: 1 Chilla (184g Approx)
|Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||98 Kcal|
* Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for 1 Sabudana Aloo Chilla.
Sabudana (Sago) Aloo Chilla Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
Yes!! It is a good source of vitamin B6, potassium and folate and helps to keep your blood pressure low and controlled.
Sabudana refers to the starch that is extracted from tapioca roots, these are processed to form spherical pearls.
It is rich in good carbs, fiber and calcium, and should be included in one’s regular diet.
Yes!! If you are underweight, eating sabudana will help you gain the right amount of kilograms.
It is a pseudo-cereal and satvik in nature. Also it is gluten-free and non-allergic. It helps to prevent digestion issues.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!