Kuttu khichdi is a very good fasting days meal, it is healthy yet easy to cook.
Hii Foodies!!! How are you all?? Enjoying our posts or not..!!! Navratri is around the corner, while many people fast it’s a major question for house ladies to decide what to make satisfying diets during these special diet occasions. During fasting the most loved and preferred dish of all time is khichdi. There are several variations of khichdi prepared across India but today we are here with Kuttu Khichdi or Buckwheat Khichdi, which is absolutely gluten-free. It is one such food that is similar to that of Sabudana khichdi and you can easily cook at home anytime. The best part with Kuttu Khichdi is that you can enjoy khichdi anytime of the day and so it is often regarded as the stomach’s comfort food. Kuttu or buckwheat is mainly used during fasting days and so we bring to you the yummy recipe of Kuttu Khichdi.
Scroll down to get the recipe of Kuttu Khichdi
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Kuttu khichdi Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat groats (Kuttu Daliya)
- 1 small Potato (Aloo)
- 1/2 cup coarsely pounded roasted peanuts (Moongaphali)
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped Green chili (hari mirch)
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped Ginger (Adrak)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds ( Jeera)
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- Salt To Taste
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhaniya)
Preparation Before Kuttu Khichdi Recipe
- Wash and soak 1/2 cup buckwheat groats (kuttu daliya) in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Peel and chop 1 small potato.
- After 30 min drain the water from the kuttu daliya and keep aside
Kuttu Khichdi Recipe: Step By Step
- Heat ghee in a pan and then add cumin seeds. Allow the seeds to crackle, then add chopped potato, green chilies and ginger and give a stir.
- Add the soaked kuttu daliya and 1/2 cup of water and salt to taste, stir them well.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 -15 minutes.
- Now lower the flame and gently fluff the kuttu khichdi.
- Add 1/2 cup coarsely pounded roasted peanuts, lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix it again and cook for another 10 min.
- Your kuttu khichdi is ready to serve with some curd and chutney of your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kuttu is a fruit seed called pseudo-cereals. Kuttu ka atta is great for skin and also helps to prevent infections.
Yes!! you can have kuttu during pregnancy.
As a good source of fiber, buckwheat has a low to medium GI. It is safe to eat for most people with type 2 diabetes.
Yes!! Consumption of kuttu ka atta during fast helps to improve the appetite of the body. It even helps to prevent the problem of diarrhoea.
Kuttu ka atta contains vitamin B-complex vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and vitamin B (niacin) and a large amount of essential nutrients and minerals. In addition, it also contains trace minerals like phosphorus, copper, iron and zinc. Buckwheat flour also aids in weight loss.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!foodie nut