Eating Popcorn can be beneficial because it has great health benefits embedded in it.
Popcorn is a type of corn kernel that, when it is heated, it pops to become light and fluffy. Do you love popcorn?? And enjoy it during your movie time. But do you know your movie buddy can be your health partner as well. You may ask how??? So, the answer is it has great health benefits embedded in it. Yes we are right it contains plenty of nutrients and vitamins when you make it in the right way. Definitely here we are talking about Air-Popped Popcorn and not the ones that come with truckloads of butter and salt.
You can also read Air-Popped Popcorn Recipe: Step by Step and make them one for you. So, in this article, we look at how popcorn can be a healthful snack. Have a look on 15 Health Benefits of Air-Popped Popcorn
15 Health Benefits of Air-Popped Popcorn
- Popcorn is naturally a whole grain and therefore provides the healthy benefits derived from the nutrients in every component of the whole grain.
- Popcorn provides about 4 grams of dietary fiber for every 4 cups of popped corn. An adequate fiber intake helps in lowering your risk of cardiovascular disease. It also reduces blood cholesterol and lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes by regulating blood sugar.
- Polyphenols are one of the powerful components of popcorn. They have an ability of blocking enzymes that cancer cells need to grow and so, regulate the spread of cancerous cells.
- The insoluble fiber popcorn, helps keep your digestive tract in check and prevents constipation.
- Snacking on air-popped popcorn is perfect for dieting. It contains high-fiber which takes more time to digest than non-fibrous foods, so can keep you fuller longer and you are less tempted by sweets and fatty foods.
- Popcorn has more iron than spinach.
- Popcorn is packed with protein and phosphorus.
Popcorn is one of the only situations in which you eat the result of an explosion.Demitri Martin
- Popcorn is gluten-free. When finely grounded, it can be used in place of breadcrumbs for a great crunchy coating.
- It’s full of vitamins and minerals. The minerals found in popcorn include Calcium, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc. Popcorn also contains many vitamins like Vitamins B6, A, E and K, Folate, Niacin, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Pantothenic acid.
- Air-popped popcorn is rich in carotenoid antioxidants, including lutein and zeaxanthin, which can prevent ageing.
- It also helps to reduce depression. It contains Vitamin B3, niacin, and has been studied for its potential to help naturally ease depression.
- Helps in metabolism and provides energy.
- Corn is rich in vitamin B, including vitamin B3, B6, folate, and pantothenic acid. Vitamin B is essential for regulating the metabolism and production of energy.
- Popcorn contains phosphorus and Manganese, which aids in supporting healthy bone function.
- With packed vitamins and minerals Popcorn could be healthier as fruits and vegetables.
Nutrition Value of Air-Popped Popcorn
|Calorie||Value Per Serving||% Daily Value|
**Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet and Nutrition value is a rough estimate for 1 cup of Popcorn.
Keep reading to get more..!!!!
Thanks for visiting
Foodie Nut Says Eat Healthy Stay Fit!!!!Foodie nut